This in-depth Carriage of Lithium Batteries by Air, Road & Sea training provides delegates with the skills and knowledge required to correctly pack, mark and label and prepare shipments of lithium batteries for all transport modes. Giving the delegates the confidence to transfer the knowledge of the Dangerous Goods regulations into their work environment.
Our Lithium Battery by Air course is fully approved in the UK by the Civil Aviation Authority, and concludes with an adjudicated validation test. This training course compliments the Full IATA / CAA Dangerous Goods by Air training or as a standalone training.
Our Lithium Battery by Sea & Road Training supports organisations that are transporting goods by Road and Sea. This Lithium Battery training course support the ADR and IMDG Regulations.
In all our training courses successful candidates will receive a certification in shipping lithium batteries, valid for two years, after which they must refresh their qualification.
All our training is designed to assist shippers and freight handling organisations in the correct transporting of these dangerous goods and helping them implement the requirements in the work place, fully supported by Logicom Hub Ltd
We can deliver this training in multiple ways:
Classroom Training - For new recruits to Lithium batteries 2.5 day training, For the more experienced complete over 1 day
Online Training - Full CAA Certification in Lithium batteries by Air 6 hours plus Exam / Section II Lithium Batteries by Air 4 hours plus Test / Lithium Batteries by Sea 5 hours plus Test
Lithium Batteries Multimodal Course Objective
• Correctly prepare a consignment of lithium batteries for all modes transportation
• Validate whether a consignment has been prepared correctly for transportation
• Adhere to practices and standards regarding acceptance and responsibilities for the preparation and handling of lithium batteries for air, sea or road transportation.
Lithium Battery Course Content:
• Overview of the dangerous goods regulation (ICAO, IATA, ADR & IMDG)
• How dangerous goods regulation are monitored in the UK
• Using the Dangerous Goods Regulations
• State and Operator Variations
• Classification, Proper shipping names and UN numbers
• Packaging Instructions
• Types of Packaging and Overpacks
• Different Dangerous Goods Packaged Together
• Specification Marking
• Marking and Labelling
• Completion of the shipper’s declaration for dangerous goods
• Shipment Checking
• Air Waybill completion
• Emergency Procedures
• CAA Examination & Knowledge Tests on Road & Sea
Is this training for you?
If you are packaging or arranging the transport of Lithium Batteries by multiple modes - this is the right training for you. If you have a Dangerous Goods training certification and need a more detailed understanding of Lithium Batteries - this is the right training for you.
Choose the way you would like to learn Classroom, In-House or On-line and select the option from the Menu on the right.
Note: On-Line versions will require use of the latest IATA, IMDG and ADR Dangerous Goods Regulations. If you do not have this resource please add temporary online access to your basket along with the course when you purchase. Cost £25 for 10 days access.