This Dangerous Goods by Sea training is aimed for learners who have not attended any previous training on Dangerous Goods. Or for those who feel that they need to upgrade their knowledge on the topic in time with the new regulations.
Our Dangerous Goods by Sea certification training course covers the 9 Hazard classes. It will provide learners with the skills and knowledge required to correctly pack, mark and label and prepare shipments of dangerous goods for transport by air. Our interactive training encourages participation and ensures that the course is relevant, interesting and engaging and prepares learners for transferring the skills and knowledge to their work environment.
Our training covers all job roles from shippers, freight forwarder through to ocean carriers. We encourage the use of real work examples.
Successful candidates receive a certificate in shipping dangerous goods, valid for two years, after which they must re-validate their qualification.
Dangerous Goods by Ocean Course Objectives:
• Correctly prepare a consignment of dangerous goods for ocean transportation
• Validate whether a consignment has been correctly prepared for sea transportation
• Adhere to practices and standards regarding the preparation and handling of goods for ocean transportation.
Dangerous Goods by Ocean Course content:
• List legal responsibilities
• Locate information from all sections and appendices of the IMDG Regulations
• Classify a consignment of DG and identify the precedence of hazards and the packing groups
• Select a proper shipping name from the list of Dangerous Goods
• Locate and identify information shown on the dangerous goods note
• Select the correct packing instructions and the general packing requirements
• Correctly mark and label a package in compliance with DG Regulations
• Identify which dangerous goods must be segregated
Is this IMDG training for you?
Our Dangerous Goods by Ocean/Sea training is for employees that are engaged in the handling and shipping of dangerous goods by Ocean. The training ensures that candidates meet the requirements of the International Maritime Dangerous Goods (IMDG) regulations and concludes with a validation test. Successful candidates receive a certificate of competence, valid for two years, after which they must re-validate their certification.